CORRECT ANSWERS TO BIRD IDENTIFICATION COMPETITION:
- Sulphur Crested Cockatoo (white & yellow feathers)
Well done everyone, this was the teaser to make the game look easy.
- Rainbow Lorikeet adult and juvenile plumage (small coloured feathers)
Another well answered result.
- Tawny Frogmouth a member of the Kingfisher family (grey-brown mottled feathers)
This was the trick question, as the Frogmouth, although thought of as an owl because of its nocturnal behaviour, is in fact a Kingfisher
- Bush, Scrub or Brush Turkey (large black feathers)
- Kookaburra (beak & skull bones)
- Willie Wagtail (small nest)
- Plover or Lapwing (preserved in jar)
- Crow (large nest)
Further information about results will be posted in the next few days.
Thank you for participating!